My family has been devouring these rainbow treats like craaaaazy! These are way too adorable and so so so good, addictively good! You’re welcome!
The kids can join in too! My kid’s candy rainbows were my favorite!
While I was putting these together my kids stood jaw dropped, in awe of me and my rainbow candy making abilities. My daughter kept saying, “Mom I can’t believe you can do that!” and my son kept saying, “We are going to eat candy rainbows, we are going to eat candy rainbows!!!!!!!………..”!
Okay, so your turn to impress!
What you need:
- Mini pretzels
- Candy Melts (in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple) or White
- Food Coloring (I used>>>.)
- Wax paper
What you do:
- Lay out wax paper on the counter.
- Melt the bag of blue candy melts or melt the white candy melts then mix in blue food coloring.
- Add in the mini pretzels a half cup at a time and slowly stir/fold them into the candy melt coating.
- Using a fork pick up each individual pretzel, tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl, and carefully place the pretzel onto the wax paper. Repeat.
- Let the pretzels dry.
- Print off Rainbow Pattern template. I used this one. I resized to be the size I wanted my rainbows to be and then printed it.
- Place the rainbow template under a new sheet of wax paper
- Melt the Candy melts in 6 different glass or ceramic microwavable bowls
- If using white candy melts drop in the colors of the rainbow of food coloring into each bowl of candy melts. Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple
TIP: Remember that Red + Yellow = Orange and Red + Blue = Purple
- Remove the lids of your 2 oz Plastic Squeeze Bottles
- Fill one bottle at a time and make one arch of each rainbow at a time allowing each arch to dry for a few minutes in between. To fill the 2 oz bottle Use a flat spatula without slots, scoop up the candy melt and scrape the spatula so that the melt goes into the top of your bottle. Tip: See my video
- After you have repeated the previous process and completed your rainbow arches you are ready to put your clouds on.
- To place the blue pretzel clouds on the rainbows, use your blue bottle of candy melts as glue. You will want to reheat your blue candy melts either in the bowl or bottle in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time.
- Place a few lines of the blue candy melt along the bottom of each side of your rainbow and place the top of your covered pretzels along that line of blue candy melt.
- Repeat until all your rainbows have their clouds:)
- Let dry for a few minutes then enjoy!!!
That is it!
These are absolutely perfect for a St Patrick’s Day party or a birthday party treat!
I also thought they could be a great cake or cupcake topper. They are just way too cool and totally impressive. If you read through the directions above once before you begin, you’re sure to have success. I promise they are easy & you can do it!
Please tell me if you make them I would be so inspired!
Let’s Collaborate, Rachelle
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links: From time to time, you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!