I think nearly everyone is a fan of good old Rice Krispie treats!
This Easter we are having so much fun creating new, easy, & delicious carrot Rice Krispie Treats! These Carrot treats are the easiest, fastest and cheapest dessert to make! I think for such an easy treat to make that looks this cute, you just have to make them!
My kids said, “Wooooow!” when I pulled back the cover on my dessert tray to show them what we will be sharing this Easter for dessert! They wanted to eat them right away so I pulled out a few extras I left just for that reason. They gobbled them right up and my son said, “I know my cousins are going to love these!”. I feel like these are a winner! I see these being a regular part of our Easter Traditions.
This is the recipe for you if you are looking for a winning Easter dessert that is easy to make last minute!
What you need:
- Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbls. butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows or 10 oz. package of regular marshmallows
- Orange food coloring or red and yellow combined to make orange
- Orange & white candy melts
- 2 oz. plastic bottle or baggie
- Green food coloring for the pretzel carrot tops
How to make a Carrot Rice Krispie Treat:
- Start making the Rice Krispie Treats according to the directions on the box. Before you mix in the Rice Krispies you will want to first add in your orange coloring to make the treats carrot orange.
- Let the treats set up and begin making the carrot top pretzels. See below: (How to make green pretzel carrot tops)
- Once you have made the Rice Krispie treats and they have set up long enough that they are no longer sticky, you can cut them out into triangular shapes using a knife.
- Next heat up about 1 cup of orange candy melts and 1 tsp of Crisco in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time.
- Scoop the melted orange candy melt into your 2 oz. plastic squeeze bottle or a baggie with a whole and slowly make a zig zag pattern on top of each carrot.
- Using the orange candy melt in your bottle or baggie, place a dollop on the tops of each carrot one at a time, followed by a green pretzel.
How to make green pretzel carrot tops:
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper on the countertop.
- I used about 2 cups of pretzels and saved the leftovers that I didn’t use on the carrots for extra treats.
- Use about 1 cup of candy melts and add in about 1 tsp. of Crisco. After you melt the candy slowly in the microwave for 30 or 15 seconds at a time until it is melted, add green food coloring.
- Next, pour the pretzels into the melted candy melt a half cup at a time to make sure they are fully coated.
- Once they are coated take each pretzel out one at a time and let the extra candy drip off until it looks clean and neat.
- Let set up until they are hard.
These would make a great dessert to bring to a party with a lot of kids! If you have to travel a long distance to your Easter party these would be easy to travel with as well. I hope your family enjoys this fun Carrot Easter Rice Krispie treat dessert!
Be sure to check out all my many other Easter ideas and recipes as well:
If you make these I would love to know how it turned out! What are some of your favorite Easter treats?
Thanks for visiting!
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links: From time to time, you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!