I am so excited to share one of my favorite ways to upcycle old CD Cases and also put all my adult coloring pages to use!
If you’re like me, you probably thought, “I will never catch the adult coloring pages bug!”. One day my mother-in-law bought me a book. The book was so super cute and I couldn’t wait to see what all the hype was about! So before I knew it, I found myself colored pencils in hand coloring pages and pages in my new book, as my kids sat at the table and colored with me. It became a nice relaxing way to be with my kids while doing something soothing. The thing that bothered me was not knowing what to do with all of these coloring pages I’d now colored. So I started thinking and came up with a fun and useful way to put them to use!
I realized if I cut them up they could be used inside old CD cases to make coasters or magnets!
If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out these posts of mine here:
Yes, I am crazy about these things. I blame it on their nice clean, square shape and the fact that I have a lot, so they are also free!
How to Turn Old CD Cases and Coloring Pages into Coasters & Magnets:
What You Need:
- Old CD cases (CD cases if you don’t have any).
- Coloring pages that are colored in
- scissors or paper trimmer
- Business card magnets (for magnet)
- Corkboard (optional)
What You Do:
- Remove the labels from inside the CD cases by carefully taking them apart
- Next cut out your coloring pages in the size to fit into the backs of the CD cases (be sure to use the back for a cleaner look so the hinge doesn’t show)
- After removing the CD case labels, slip the coloring page into the backs of the CD cases
- If making the magnet put 1 or 2 business card magnets onto the CD cases opposite of your coloring pages.
- To make the coasters you could also add some corkboard to the backs of the coasters to make them much gentler on your table surfaces.
- For more instructions and photos on how to make these see my post on Upcycled Old CD Cases.
We use these in our home office or for my kids to set on their homeschool desks for water bottles to sit on.
I love the magnets on our refrigerator as they add a fun pop of color to an otherwise boring refrigerator!
I hope you enjoy making these and don’t forget to use some of your kids coloring pages as well!
Thanks for visiting,
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links: From time to time, you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!