This salt-dough Jack-O-Lantern craft is a wonderful Fall activity the whole family will enjoy!
How To Make Salt-Dough Jack-O-Lanterns:
What You Need:
- My Free Printable Jack-O-Lantern Printable (See end of Post)
- Salt-Dough (Get the best recipe here) My amazingly talented friend, Mary Alice from www.brainybeginningsnetwork.com has the best salt-dough recipe and oodles and oodles of spectacular ways to craft using salt-dough so be sure to follow her blog!
- rolling pin or something to roll the dough out with
- Cookie sheet & Oven
- Orange Paint
- Paint brush
- votive candle
- round cookie cutter or small canning jar seal
What You Do:
- Print & cut out my free printable Jack-O-Lantern Template (See end of post)
- Make salt-dough (recipe here)
- Roll out the salt dough and place the template on top
- Cut out the salt-dough using the template as a guide. *Small children will need assistance*
- Use a round cookie-cutter or the seal of a small canning jar to trace a circle for the votive holder.
- Place a votive candle in the center of the circle and press to make an imprint to hold the candle
- Carefully place the Jack-O-Lanterns & Circles onto a non-stick pan and bake using the directions (found here). *I recommend setting a timer to check on them about every 20 minutes or so to make sure they are baking nicely.
- Once they are completely hard, cool, and dry you can paint them.
- Let them dry and then connect them using more salt dough. We just formed a rectangular block and gently pressed the Salt-dough Jack-O-Lantern and the round votive base together and carefully pressed the salt-dough in around them until they had a secure hold.
- The Jack-O-Lantern will want to just flop over, so you will need to secure it using a heavy object in front and in back of it to hold it in place while it drys for a day or so.
I hope you enjoy making these and are able to decorate with them for years to come!
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links:
From time to time, you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!
Thanks for visiting,