You can make a magical unicorn birthday party garland out of an old cereal box! If you are hosting a unicorn themed party for your daughter why not have her help with the decorating and save yourself some money too by having her make this adorable unicorn birthday party garland!
This DIY unicorn birthday party garland craft is not just for parties! It would also make a fun craft anytime and would make a beautiful addition to your daughter’s bedroom decor!
How To Make A Unicorn Birthday Party Garland:
What You Need:
- Unicorn head cookie cutter here, or a silhouette print to trace (this one would work wonderfully).
- Elmer’s glue
- Empty Cereal box or white cardboard
- White paint and paintbrush
What You Do:
- Trace unicorn head sillhouette on to cardboard & cut them out.
- Paint the cardboard white with a few coats if using an old cereal box. (You can use just plain white cardboard)
- Using the glue make little designs on your unicorn (leave enough room for multiple colors if you would like)
- Add your first color of glitter and shake off excess onto a folded piece of paper so you can dump it back into the glitter container to be used again.
- Apply more glue then another color of glitter and shake off excess……
- Continue alternating with glue and glitter.
- Once they are dry, tape string on the same spot on the backs of each unicorn leaving equal space between each one.
- Be sure to leave enough string on the ends to attach to wall or hooks.
When I made these with my daughter she taught me a different technique than what I was doing. She used bigger glops of glue which caused her unicorn to be more filled in. Mine were looking much more sparse. Then I realized if you wanted you could place the glue and glitter in a way that completely filled in the entire cardboard. Either way is lovely!
More Beautiful Unicorn Crafts & DIYs on Mom Collaborative:
Thanks for visiting!
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links: From time to time, you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!