Homeschooling can be as much fun for the parents as it is for the kids, and this weeks bees unit study was a perfect example!
Bees Unit Study:
Arts & Crafts:
- Field Journaling: Bees in their habitat, Bee anatomy, and mirror image drawing (drawing the missing half of a bee)
- For our mirror image drawing (drawing the missing half) we used the printables from, Adventure In A Box (See Here)
- Bee Hive Fingerprint craft
- We got our inspiration for our fingerprint hives from Crafty Morning (See Here)
- Mason Bee Habitat
- We used this awesome tutorial by, Natural Beach Living (See Here)
- Nature Anatomy
- The Bee Tree
- BEE A Peek-Through Picture Book
- The Case of the Vanishing Honeybees
- Flight of the Honey Bee
- Busy as a Bee
- Atlas of Animal Adventures
- The Bees In Your Backyard
- The Backyard Beekeeper
3 Part Cards:
- We used the Bee Life Cycle 3-part-cards by, The Silvan Reverie (See Here)
- We used the free printables by, A Little Pinch of Perfect (See Here)
Bringing Back The Bees:
- We ordered our free flower seeds from Honey Nut Cheerios in their mission to bring back the honeybee. (See Here) The site has some great information about how we can help bring back the honeybees and how important honeybees and pollinators are to the world.
- We enjoyed learning more about the Mason Bee and how great of a pollinator they are as well as how to create habitats for them from the following youtube videos.
affiliate link for the Bee Kind Bee Tower House
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links:
From time to time you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!