If you have a Llama fan in your home these DIY Llama Christmas tree ornaments are going to be a big hit! In years past my family and I have made many homemade ornaments at Christmas time & the ones I love most are the ones we’ve made using a self-drying white clay we made at home. This year my daughter and I decided to make unicorns and Llamas. (See unicorns here)
Disclosure of my Affiliate Links:
From time to time you will find a link to a product or service within this blog. I may be compensated for any purchases you make without any added costs on your end. I only support products and services I feel to be of value to my readers. Thank you!
These llama Christmas tree ornaments are so lovely when left alone in their original white porcelain look or they could be painted with beautiful glitter paints or fun & bright colors! They are so darling that I do believe any little Llama loving girl would adore hanging these in her room year round!
DIY Llama Christmas Tree Ornaments
What You Need:
- DIY Baking Soda/cornstarch clay (Recipe Here)
- Llama cookie cutter (Here)
- Yarn or string (We used this type)
- Toothpicks or straw
What You Do:
- Make clay recipe and let cool a while so it’s easy to handle and move
- Cut out llama shapes using the llama cookie cutter
- Make holes in the tops of the shapes that aren’t too close to the edge of the llama. We made sure to place ours in a way that would allow the llama to hang balanced in a way we’d like.
- Allow them to dry for a few days.
- After they are completely dry and you are ready to hang them, loop a string through and tie a not on the end to hang the Llama Christmas tree ornament from the tree.
When drying I had mine laying flat on top of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. After a few hours I flipped them over so that the other side would dry. I later rotated them a few more times.
We left ours alone but these could be painted over for added color. You could also add glitter to them!
MORE LLAMA CRAFTS ACTIVITIES & PRINTABLES:
- Llama Stickers (Free Printable)
- Canvas Llama Party Favor Bags (Free Printable)
- Llama Bingo (Free Printable)
- 3 Free Llama DIY Notebook Printables
- 4 Free Adorable Llama Nursery Printables
- Free Llama Binder Covers